The Zonta Club of Cleveland (ZCC) is a group of successful professionals who have committed themselves to helping improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women through community and international services.
Our Founding Sisters
The Club was chartered on November 1, 1921 and since its inception, it has provided awareness, education, and advocacy of women’s issues to women and girls in Northeast Ohio. The Club offers educational opportunities through seminars and workshops for women and adolescent girls. Annually, we award college scholarships to qualifying high school and/or college women. In particular, the Club collaborates with Tri-C’s Women in Transition Program. Other service projects include:
- Raising awareness of and helping victims of Domestic Violence in Northeast Ohio
- Family Promise of Cleveland
- Participating in the The Race for the Place Breast Cancer Awareness
- Working with teenage girls in a mentoring program such as Orange High School’s Sister to Sister Club; to develop positive self-esteem, good citizenship and work ethics and academic success.
- Raising awareness of Human Trafficking and participating in nonpartisan advocacy activities
ZCC falls into Zonta International’s District 5, Area 3 along with the Zonta Club of Akron, Barberton and Cuyahoga Falls, The Zonta Club of Ashtabula, and The Zonta Club of Hudson. Zonta International, with more than 30,000 members, is composed of 31 Districts with more than 1,200 clubs in and 63 countries.
Applications are Currently being Accepted for Zonta Scholarships
Deadline for applying: Monday March 4, 2019
CLICK HERE for More Info